Monday, February 20, 2012

3 Peaks Training - Neuadd Loop

I've not taken many landscape pictures for a while. All my time was taken up with my other project Land Rover Katy

Well as you can read on that blog she passed her MOT which is great news as it is giving me more time to commit to something I've signed up for as a personal challenge

That is the Tenovus 3 Peaks Challenge which about 40 of us at work have signed up for. I'm one of un-fittest of the people who signed up so I've got a real challenge to get fit, and one of the things I'm doing is not stinting on getting up hills and taking camera equipment with me

Recently a group of us took a walk around the Upper Neuadd Reservoir Loop which is a much nicer way to get to the popular peaks of Crybin, Pen y Fan and Corn Ddu

If you pick the right day the views are spectacular as I hope you will agree from this selection

Pen y Fan and Corn Ddu from Cribyn


Pen y Fan and Corn Ddu from Cribyn


Pen y Fan


 Pen y Fan from Corn Ddu- no skill in these next three pictures - it would have been almost impossible to get a bad shot


 Pen y Fan from Corn Ddu


 Pen y Fan from Corn Ddu


 The reservoir from Pen y Fan, This is a 5 shot stitch and I wish I had taken another shot on the left - I'll need to go back and do it as another training walk 


 Pen y Fan and Corn Ddu 


Well that's another 8.5 miles and 2500 ft climbing towards the training regimen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be sent for moderation because of spammers - sorry